November 21, 2007

And a great turkey day to all: an ode to my family

Just when I started to accept the fact that we had moved into November, now I'm just amazed that we're almost ready to move OUT of November. Yikes. This month -- hell, this YEAR -- has been just a blur. So much has happened since the start of '07. Some of the highest highs and lowest lows.

Has it already been a year since we found ourselves in the middle of intense job interviews in Des Moines (IA)? Has it been 11 months since walking away from that very job offer (and acceptance) and electing to keep the family camped right where it currently resides? 8 months since the closing of the design studio in Aurora, which placed me right back into hurried self-employment mode? And almost 6 months since I accepted my current Mgr. of Communications title in Downers Grove?

Anita went from stay-at-home mom to looking for a job (during the last scary self-employment period) back to stay-at-home status. And Su went from preschool into kindergarten, somehow rolling with the changes and stress, all the while keeping us on our toes as she continues to grow from small child into little girl.

As for thanks: Through all of the rough stretches, anxiety, and sleepless nights. Through all of the sniffles and colds, t-ball games, and school projects. Through all of the unexpected events (roof, flooding, car). Through an almost-insane work schedule during the late summer and fall. And through all of the moments meant for laughing and enjoying -- I thank the 2 most important people in my world: my wife and daughter.

During one of the strangest years to date, I continue on because of them.

[And there's still over a month to go!]

1 comment:

Kerry said...

You sure are lucky to have those beautiful ladies in your life- we all are. We hope that this upcoming year is full of highs for you and your girls.
Hugs,
Kerry, dave, and Grace