October 11, 2007

I've seen your picture...


... Your name in lights above it. (Steely Dan - "Peg" from AJA)

I realize that it's been a while between posts. And for that, I apologize to the 4 or 5 people whom actually read this blog once in a while. I had several different event photos to put up on the site. Some t-ball. Some daily activities. But then came school pictures.

I'm still a bit stunned by the photos that arrived courtesy of Su's kindergarten class. Is this the same little girl we've been watching for the last few years? I THINK it's her. After all, she answers to the same name when called. Well mostly. And she seems to have the same mannerisms, eat the same foods, and has a voice that -- to borrow from SPINAL TAP -- seems to go to 11.

But we're certainly seeing a little girl growing up right before our eyes. Amazing. But she can still toss on a baseball shirt (Go Sox!) and mix it up with other dozen boys out on the t-ball field.

2 comments:

wordwitch said...

It's been an amazing 4 years, watching her grow up via your pictures and stories. You should be proud of yourselves for bringing out the beauty of her world and self, when what she originally faced was something too dreadful to imagine. You have a beautiful daughter there, mr. & mrs.!!

Hugs.
M.

epota said...

It truly has been an amazing period of time, hasn't it? While I can't say with any certainty what her life would have been like, I know that we've given her all we can, and will continue to do so. I feel at times that the most significant point is what she's given to us. You learn an awful lot about yourself along the way.

We're looking forward to the day when you'll actually be able to meet her and not just view through a photo journal.

Thank you for the kind words.

M