December 19, 2006

The road most traveled


Well, we were at it again. Another weekend getaway to West Des Moines and the last of face-to-face interviews at ITA Group. Now comes decision time -- both for ITA Group and for Mike. What a wonderful company. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, we had an opportunity once again (actually twice) to stop and dine at the World's Largest Truckstop -- Iowa 80, located almost exactly at the midpoint of our 308 mile journey along I-80. The rest stop presents a diner's paradise (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, just to name a few), shopping, and even a little package of Snowman Poop, selling for about a buck (don't ask).

3 comments:

IntangibleArts said...

Hey, I thought Dairy Queen specialized in snowman poop. I smell a trademark-infringement suit...or something.

epota said...

All I know is that someone I had never met before called me over to the endcap, all the while laughing til it hurt. Of course, I was a bit uneasy about approaching this strange man beckoning me... all over a little package of snowman poop. For a whole 99 cents.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least he wasn't trying to hitch a ride or anything. So...when you movin' to Iowa?